SASH WINDOW PAINT DRAUGHT PROOFING
This is recognised by HMRC as being a ‘significant energy saving measure’ which enables us to charge VAT at the reduced rate of 5%.
Draught proofing sash windows
Nexus sash window draught-proofing system provides excellent heat insulation as well as maintaining the original look of the window. Before the discreet brush beading is installed we will fully service the window to ensure optimum and smooth operation. Finishing the windows with high quality decorating using Microporous paint system.
- 95% of draughts excluded
- Reduces traffic noise
- Cuts out dirt and pollution ingress
- Sashes slide smoothly
- Stops rattling in windy conditions
- Conforms to listed building and conservation area regulations.
Our draught proofing system explained :
- Careful dismantling of the sash window
- Weighing the sashes and checking the weights correctly counterbalance
- Routing in brush strips to the meeting rails
- Checking, cleaning and lubricating the pulleys
- Re-cording the window with new cotton sash cord and correct weights
- Renewing parting and staff beads with weatherpile carriers and brush strips
- Removing excess paint obstructing sash running surfaces
- Re-fitting the rebalanced sashes in alignment with the beadings
- Painting all exposed timber with white primer
- Checking the draught-proofed window operates correctly
- Ready for decorating using the microporous system
Microporous Paint Finish
Microporous surfaces or coatings are impermeable to liquid water, but permeable to water vapour. In other words, they are supposed to keep out the rain, but still allow the window wood to dry out, or “breathe”.
Nexus offer a full window painting service.
You can choose from:
- Supplied primed only.
- Supplied Spray finish
- Supplied Brushed finished.
- Supplied Full Microporous system
- A wide range of colours to choose from.
Our draught proofing materials come from DRAFTFIX. They are my trusted supplier and sell 100% British made products that are best quality.
We are always being told by our clients that they love their windows but hate being anywhere near them in the cold weather. Our draught-proofing system is a great, cost effective solution to this problem.